When Among Us was launch in 2018, it swiftly rose to the top of the summer’s party games. Even though it has simple controls and is a tremendous amount of fun to play with friends, it needed influencers and well-known streamers to take notice of the game to reach new heights. Despite being four years old, the game is still enjoyable to play with friends during gatherings.
A sudden influx of new players can be a sigh of relief for the game’s existing player base, but it can also lead to server issues, especially for independent games.
Read More:- Unblocked Games World
The popularity of the game would grow despite the connectivity challenges that Among Us faced during its early ascent to the top. Sadly, Mac users are out of luck because the game doesn’t technically support the operating system.
On Windows PCs, Among Us is now accessible via Steam and the Epic Games Store. Additionally, it is playable on mobile devices, as well as Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox.
Unfortunately, Among Us isn’t accessible on Mac computers even though it is on Apple’s mobile operating system, but Mac users aren’t without options.
It can be played with the help of various Free iOS Emulators For Mac available in the market. There are a few other options too. Here’s how you can play Among Us on your Mac.
Two Ways To Install And Play Among Us On Your Mac
Installing Windows is typically the most prevalent method for running incompatible games on Mac OS devices, which also contradicts the whole point of having a Mac. However, Among Us is accessible on mobile devices and offers players a second chance after a few hurdles to clear.
1) Use An Android Emulator To Play Among Us
Due to the fact that Among Us is accessible through Google’s Play Store, it may also be used with Android emulators. These apps essentially use the processing capability of your Mac’s internals to replicate an Android tablet or phone. As a result, using this way will enable you to play Among Us much more smoothly than you could on a mobile device.
Here, any emulator with a Mac user will work. However, for testing purposes, we chose Bluestacks. Start by downloading the Android emulator from its official website, then follow the installation instructions.
Since emulators typically install a few necessary software development frameworks that enable the emulator to operate normally, your Mac can verify the Android emulator you’re installing multiple times throughout the installation process. Here’s how to go about it:
- Visit the official Bluestacks website and get the installation package.
- You may launch the emulator by looking for it in the Applications folder after installing it.
- When Bluestacks is first launched, it could download a few fixes.
- Open Google Play Store from your home screen when Bluestacks has opened.
- Look up Among Us and download the game.
- Once the game is installed, you can access the Google Play Store to start playing it, and it will also appear on your home screen.
If you don’t already have a Google account, you’ll need to establish one after you’ve finished installing the emulator. After entering your login information to access your Google account and responding to only some questions from Google, you will be taken to the emulator’s home screen.
After logging in, navigate to the Play Store and look for Among Us. Next, the game must be installe from this page by selecting “install” and allowing Android to work its magic.
Once Among Us has been successfully installed, shut down the Play Store from the top section to reveal its icon. When you select Among Us game, it will start, and controls you can customize will be presented to you. You should be on the game’s main menu because the keyboard controls are similar to the version of the PC.
To host or join a match, click online. Before jumping in, give your character a name. Unfortunately, because it will currently be connected to your Google account, you won’t be able to transfer your achievements to the PC version.
2) The Boot Camp Technique
Although Mac OS offers a simple software environment, it is unquestionably not the ideal choice for gaming due to compatibility concerns. However, users can easily install Windows on Mac, enabling them to use all the applications they previously couldn’t, including games.
You’ll need the “Boot Camp Assistant” provided to accomplish this. However, the process is rather simple if you carefully follow each step.
- First, download the official Windows 10’s ISO file from Microsoft’s website. The file will then be save to your Mac in accordance with the instructions. You’ll use it shortly in the procedures that follow.
- If your Mac does not have a DVD driver, you will require a USB flash drive with a minimum of 5 GB of free space. During this process, disconnect any external devices you don’t need. Then, keep connected only to the USB Flash drive you’ll use for the process.
- Open “Boot Camp Assistant” using the inside Launchpad or spotlight search, and select “Install Windows” and “Download the most recent Windows support software for Apple.” Next, you should see a pop-up asking you to locate your ISO file. After selecting the ISO file, locate your USB Flash drive from the menu that should display and choose it.
- The setup process will now prompt you to specify how much hard drive or SSD space you want to set aside for Windows. We advise setting a minimum of 20GB of disk space for a small amount of flexibility under your new OS. Again, however, this is entirely up to personal opinion.
- The remainder of the process is self-explanatory since, as in the background, Windows 10 get ready to start, you’ll be prompted with panels asking about your user and system settings.
- After your Mac has successfully installed Windows 10, you may download and install Steam from the website.
- You will simply need to input your login credentials before installing Among Us, and the setup procedure will be exactly the same as it was on your standard Windows PC.
On an M1, M1 Pro, or Max Mac, How You Can Play The Game Among Us
In order to run iPad apps without any issues, M1 Macs were create. Of course, the developer had to put some work into it. Fans still had to wait for their preferred software developers to polish their Mac versions of the apps to prevent compatibility problems.
Fans of Among Us on M1 Macs no longer have to rely on the other methods on our list to play. Owners of M1 devices will currently find it easier to install Among Us game on their devices.
- Launch the App Store, then put “Among Us” into the search field on the top left corner of the screen.
- You must select “iPad and iPhone apps” in order to find Among Us in the search results because it won’t appear right away.
- After selecting that tab, Among Us will appear, and you can download it by clicking “Get” or “Install.”
- The icon may also be a downward-pointing arrow if you’ve already downloaded Among Us.
- You will be requires to put in your Apple ID password before the downloading procedure can begin.
- After submitting your login information, the game will begin downloading and installing itself.
- The Get button that is use to downloads Among Us will change into a Play button once the program has been install.
- To play Among Us, you won’t need to open the App Store every time. Instead, you can right-click on the Among Us icon. After you’ve launched the game for the first interval and decide to keep it there.
Since the M1 Max/Pro chipsets have the same features as the standard M1, the procedure will be identical for users of those computers. You may still download iOS apps, enabling you to download Among Us natively on the Mac.
Although the Boot Camp approach has the advantage of allowing you to run additional Windows applications. We advise using the Android emulator approach if you don’t require Windows on your Mac for anything other than playing Among Us.
The Windows technique will be more difficult to remove if you’ve not done something similar, but the emulation option is quicker and easier to uninstall if you choose to go on.